Yes, there is a right way and a wrong way to pack a suitcase. Done the right way, your clothing will be ready to wear and you’ll be able to fit more into the bag. Done the wrong way, you won’t be able to fit all you need in a bag and your clothes will be a mess. Take these tips into account before preparing any suitcase.
- How many days you will be away is clearly important. It is not the same thing to go away for week than a month.
- The climate of the chosen place.
- Broadly know what you are going to do there: excursions in the mountains, beach, dining out, etc. A vacation to bald head island rentals will require different packing than a camping trip in the woods, for example.
- Do not carry a very large suitcase, unless it is absolutely imperative.
- Make a list a week before and get all the things you need and want in one place.
- Don’t think that if you forget something surely you can buy it where you go on vacation.
- Forget all the “just in case” items; in the end you rarely find the need to use them
- One trick is to wear clothes that can be mixed and matched, so with less clothes you get more looks.
- Another trick is to choose clothes of a maximum of three colors and then combine between them.
- Place the heaviest and least wrinkle-prone items on the bottom of the case.
- Fill the holes with accessories, socks, underwear and your dopp kit.
- Always leave some space free in case you buy something during the trip.
- Shoes should go inside bags so they do not stain clothes.
- Carry a laundry bag.
- Roll the clothes you take in a cylindrical way, thus occupying less space.
- Delicate garments must be placed on top of everything else in the suitcase.
- Be careful with your hand bag and liquids if you are travelling by plane.